Monday, October 21, 2013

October

We keep this blog pretty simple. We post our finds and refinished pieces, with the occasional witty quip, but that is about it. 

It seems like this month was a good time to start telling you a little bit more about us.  And here's why. 

October is breast cancer awareness month. 3 years ago, on October 19, I (Erin) was diagnosed with a very rare form a breast cancer. 

Chemo was not an option as it has been found to grow the type of tumors I had, so over the next year, I underwent 7 aggressive surgeries. Some of which were quite debilitating.  

I spent a good portion of my time sitting in a recliner in my family room so I would not feel so isolated from everything.  As it was quite difficult to do much more than lay there, I started noticing the beautiful world around me a little more each day. 

Some days the light shown through the palm trees and reflected off the swimming pool brilliantly. Other days I would fixate on a family picture on my wall.  Each day I found something beautiful to brighten up the dark moments and make my day a little better. 

And so now I paint furniture. And collect trinkets. And repurpose finds because I can't pass them up. I just really grew to love and appreciate pretty things.

And we really want to share those pretty things with you. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment